Thursday 14 February 2013

ET is here and taking our cows!

One of my recent projects was to design the artwork for a pinball game. The first table had the theme of Aliens and UFO's. So not wasting any time I came up with these little chaps who fly about the Nevada desert looking for things to abduct with their dazzling tractor beam of light. OK it's actually a blurred out line with an alpha blended gradient and all that other artistic malarkey, but you get the idea.

Initially I did a concept sketch , why break from the norm eh? After a quick scan into the computer I loaded the newly digitised drawing
in to Inkscape where I recreated it using vector lines before colouring in using quite a few layers of fills and gradients, oh and the most important ingredient Tea!. The beauty of vector art is it can be exported to pretty much any resolution. This is  brilliant for those times in your life when when 6 months down the line you're asked to do a HD+++ version for iPad Mega Retina 9 or the need arises to create a version in print.

As a test I took the art I'd created for the table  and produced a canvas print for my studio wall, the results were excellent.


To finish off here's what the flying saucer looked like prior to me adding colour and shading.

1 comment:

  1. Least we know where all the cows are now hiding :) 100% beef here people!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Visit the Hobeka shop to buy some cool stuff... Pixeltastic!!!!


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.